Friday, June 29, 2007

Grease at the Muny



Last night, Delana and I went to the Muny and saw Grease, The Musical. We really enjoyed this show. It was very similar to the movie we are all familiar with. Jack brought a friend and I think they enjoyed it, but it went really late for them.

It had rained all day and we were worried about getting rained-out, but it stopped raining about 8:15 and the show started at 8:30 and it didn't start raining again until after we were home last night.

When I was in college at SEMO, the theatre department put on Grease. I remember that my friend Becky Sharp (now McCormack) worked on the set and stuff for that show. It was alot of fun to visit her backstage during practices. The Rose Theatre was located in the back of the English building and since my major was French and the Foreign Language Dept was in the basement of the English building, I spent quite a few hours there. Becky was a Spanish Major and we had a good time hanging out in her dad's office. Mr. Sharp was head of the Foreign Language Dept and taught Spanish (Imagine that!)

I noticed last night that the Muny offices were in a building with the same tan brick and aluminum framed windows of so many of the buildings at SEMO when I was there. I kind of just swooped me right back to those summer days, so many summers ago!

No comments: