Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday!


Wednesday night my wonderful husband accompanied me to the Missouri Botanical Garden for a free concert. This is part of the Whitaker Music season. They will be offering them all summer. For a schedule check out the MOBOT.org website.


It was a lovely evening. The weather was perfect. The Band was named "Trio Tres Bien" I really enjoyed it. I couldn't get over how many people came to this thing. The concert started at 7:30, but when I got there at 6pm, I got one of the last parking spots in the adjacent parking lots.

There were people scattered so far back into the park that there was no way they could all hear the music. Everyone seemed to be having a great time though. Some minimalist arrived with nothing but a blanket, others came with foldout tables, candles, coolers, lawnchairs, snacks, wine, beer. And of course we were somewhere in between.
When we left, it was after dark. I have never walked through the garden at night. It was lovely. There are lights on some sculptures and in the fountains and ponds. Definitely something to do again.

1 comment:

Blessed said...

What a great way for me to keep up with what's going on with you all.

I love it!